Eligible for Canadian Magnum

How to know if you’re eligible for Canadian Express Entry

express entry
Photo: Unsplash/Hermes Rivera

Express entry is one of the most popular ways to immigrate to Canada. The goal of the program is to create a pathway for skilled workers to become permanent residents of Canada and contribute to its economy. 

Therefore, this immigration type is ideal for people with university degrees and a decent amount of work experience. You should also be able to speak English or French. Speaking both languages fluently will give you an added advantage. 

There are three immigration categories that you can access through the Express Entry pathway, they are:

Federal Skilled Worker Program

To be eligible for this program, you must have at least one year of full-time skilled work experience within the last 10 years. You must also have a post-secondary school degree or diploma and be able to demonstrate that you can read, speak, write and understand English or French. To test your eligibility for this program, use our free online assessment tool here.

Federal Skilled Trades Program

For this program, there’s no education requirement, but having a degree or diploma will boost your chances. You must have 2 years of full-time work experience and be able to prove your language proficiency by taking a test. 

Canadian Experience Class

This class is for people who are temporarily in Canada, have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents. You must have at least one year of experience to qualify under this class. 

Canada has a variety of immigration programs to choose from as they plan to welcome 401,000 immigrants into the country this year. To discover what your Canadian immigration options are, you can use our free online assessment tool here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign Up for Our Newsletters

Be the first to get notified of exciting immigrations policies, and opportunities.

You May Also Like