Relocating from Nigeria to Canada might seem complex but it’s not. All you need is the right information to start the process and you’ll be well on your way to starting a new phase of your life.
We’re here to serve and help you, so we’ve compiled all the steps you’ll need to take from point A to B. On that note, here’s a list on how to relocate from Canada to Nigeria in 8 steps:
- Check eligibility: It’s best to know if you’re eligible for Express Entry before starting an application. You can use our free online assessment tool to test your eligibility here.
- Request transcript: When you’re sure of your eligibility, you can go ahead and request a transcript from your educational institution.
- Submit transcript to ECA: The transcript will be sent directly to the ECA of your choice. So make sure you find the right address and submit to your school when requesting the transcript.
- Write IELTS: It’s now time to register for your IELTS exam. This is a language proficiency test that shows you can read, write, speak and understand English. It’s usually organized by the British Council in Nigeria.
- Create your Express Entry profile: After passing your IELTS exam and getting your ECA, you can create your Express Entry profile to get into the pool of applicants.
- Get issued an Invitation to Apply: If you meet the minimum points requirement, you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
- Submit your documents: After receiving your ITA, you will have 60 days to submit your documents and some extra forms. These documents include a police clearance certificate, medical assessment and proof of funds among others.
- Move to Canada: If your application is successful, you’ll receive a passport request and proceed to the final stage of your journey. Congratulations, you’re now a Permanent Resident of Canada!
To start your journey today, use our free online assessment tool to test your eligibility here.