Migrate to Canada Magnum

How To Immigrate Through The Home Support Worker Pilot (HSWP) in 2022!

African care worker taking a selfie with elderly caucasian woman

The Home Support Worker Pilot is a Canadian immigration program for foreign nationals who have worked in the care industry, such as family caregivers, housekeepers, live-in caregivers, doulas, personal care attendants, and so on.

This pilot program aims to bring Home Support Workers to Canada on temporary work permits, with the option to seek permanent residency once they have gained sufficient work experience. The pilot will accept a maximum of 2,750 primary applicants every year, plus their immediate family, and will begin taking applications on June 18th, 2019.

Caring, African descent home healthcare nurse conducts medical consultation with senior adult woman at her home or nursing home.  The female patient is sitting in her comfortable chair while reviewing her medications information with her nurse or doctor.  Backyard can be seen through the windows.

Let’s take a closer look at the requirements in the Home Support Worker Pilot. 

  • Education: The candidate must show that they have completed one or more of the following items; an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report provided by an institution authorized by IRCC and a Canadian one-year post-secondary (or higher) educational credential international educational credential equivalent to the above.


  • Job Offer: You’ll need an official job offer from a Canadian company that states it’ll be a full-time job with a minimum of 30 hours per week. It must be evident that you are being hired for a legitimate reason, which may or may not be from an embassy, high commission, or consulate.


  • Language Proficiency: Because you’ll be interacting with children and adults on a daily basis, you’ll need to be able to speak effectively. You must achieve level 5 of the Canadian English or French Language Benchmark.

Before a decision on your application for permanent residence is made, you must have worked in-home help for at least 24 months.

Do you have any other concerns regarding obtaining an eligibility evaluation? Make an appointment with a professional immigration attorney immediately!

  1. Hi, I have worked in care homes in the UK for a year and half and I’m interested to migrate to Canada and do the same job. I would like to get more information.

    1. Hi Alida,

      We’d love to speak with you some more and discuss your options. Please click the contact us button on the post to chat with us on Whatsapp.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign Up for Our Newsletters

Be the first to get notified of exciting immigrations policies, and opportunities.

You May Also Like